Thursday, November 13, 2014

So I Took Tyranids to the 11th Company GT...

So yeah.... list.... if you havent already seen the internet explode... then here it is.

Hive Tyrant - wings, 2x twin linked devourers, eectro shock grubs
Hive Tyrant - same as above.... as if there is another way
Lictor
Lictor
Lictor
5 Genestealers
5 Genestealers
5 Genestealers
3 Rippers - deepstrike
5 Spore mines
5 Spore mines
4 Spore mines
Mawloc
Mawloc
Mawloc
Bastion - comms relay
Death Leapers Assassin Brood
Death Leaper
Lictor
Lictor
Lictor
Lictor
Lictor

So game 1 was against Chip and his self proclaimed 5th Edition Chaos Space Marines:
Abbaddon
8 Khorne Bezerkers - champ fist, banner, plasma pistols
Landraider
10 Chaos Marines - 2 melta, Rhino
10 Chaos Marines - 2 plasma, Rhino
7 Plague Marines - 2 melta, Rhino
2 Nurgle Oblits
3 Nurgle Oblits

Mission 1 was 6 objectives, you could choose to score every turn point at a time or play for the end game and score 2? per at the end of the game... max of 9 either way.  Secondaries were a bunch of choices... I think I picked first blood, warlord, and something else.

I rolled warp lance, feel no pain and probably some other powers that didnt cast.

I think I chose to go first... but it could have been forced on me.  I deployed the bastion and both flyrants behind it.  Rippers in the ruin and infiltrated a lictor you can see in the pic and Death leaper in the corner of that L shaped ruin in the mid right.  Chip deployed Abbadon and the bezerkers in the Landraider and a pair of oblits on the left and PLague marines in their rhino in the top right ruin.

Most of everything else deepstriked in for me, aside from flanking stealers.  He deep struck his oblits and had his rhinos set to come in from his edge.
Turn 1 I fly up the tyrants and run Death leaper over to their right.  I try to cast warp lance on the raider and roll 4 1's... moving on.  So I shoot both tyrants at the oblits and manage to kill them both... so we both rolled a lot of 1's there very quickly and started laughing about how silly it was.
Epic Fail.

 So chip looks at my flyers and figures he wont ground them.  So abbadon and his bodies spill out to go Leaper hunting.

 The Leaper manages to wound Abbadon once in a challenge and is then stomped out by his demon claw.
 Turn 2 I get some of my reserves in with comms relay help.  Stealers come in left and right.  Put some lictors near abbadon and one off near the ruin the plague rhino is in.  And then drop all three mawlocs on Abbadons head, after 6 large blasts all the bezerkers are dead and Abbadon has only one wound left.

 I fly the tyrants up near the  raider and one finishes off Abbadon after the lictor shooting fails.  The other puts a hull point on the tank.

Chip gets his rhinos and oblits in turn 2.  The oblits scatter onto some of my guys and roll a 1.  The rhinos push forward and disembark.  He kills a lictor and 2 spore mine units to score some points(secondary where you earn it by killing 3 units in a turn).  Plagues try to kill another Lictor and it goes to ground and lives.
 Turn 3 the mawlocs come back in.  2 kill the plague marines and the other kills 5 chaos marines.  Flyrants and lictors start chipping away at the mairnes and rhinos.  Warp lance blows up the Landraider.
 We call the game soon after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment